Monday, February 6, 2012

getting down with my real food self




Here I am harvesting whey. I've not been so sophisticated about it in the past so I thought I'd show off this contraption. Works well the only hitch is if you need something from the cabinet. Don't be too impressed. This isn't a regular occurance around these parts.

Today I made kale chips for the first time. I've been intimidated by them because I wasn't sure if they would actually be good and for some reason I thought they were hard to make. I was wrong on both counts. I way over salted and even so I can't stop eating the crispy, crunchy, melty leaves. Tomorrow we will be purchasing more kale and I will hold back on the salt.



Chocolate Chip Cookie dough dip, yum! If your children are like mine you'll have a lot of this snack for yourself. That might not be all that bad really. (Unless you plan on being in polite company, then you might want to hold off a bit. Ahem) I'm not sure where I first saw the recipe but I used this one to make mine (Chocolate Chip Cookie dough dip). I substituted almond butter for the peanut and almond meal for the coconut flour. I didn't add the Concentrace because I don't even know what that is.  I whirred it in my food processor and we all covered our ears because the machine has issues.



I sliced up my funny loaf of bread, coated the pieces with melted butter and maple syrup then toasted them in a warm oven to use for dipping.  I found the result to be quite tasty, good thing too since I'm the only one who will eat it around here.

I recently saw on Pinterest a three ingredient recipe for chocolate bars.



 Um, chocolate bars I can make at home, yes please! I replaced the agave she calls for with honey. They're good but too sweet I will definately use less honey next time. Hum, I just realized that I forgot the extra water so maybe that has something to do with it. Here are the sweet little lovelies before putting them in the fridge.

this picture makes me want white plates
Any suggestions for what I should try next?


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...